[custom_headline type="center" level="h1" looks_like="h3" accent="true"]Broadwater County Drought Resiliency Index Report[/custom_headline] [custom_headline type="center" level="h1" looks_like="h5" accent="true"]August…
Broadwater County Drought Resiliency Index Report
December 2016 – January 2017
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″ accent=”true”]December[/custom_headline]
- Average Temperature: 18°F
- Last month, Boulder had far below normal snowpack.
- Tizer Basin was near it’s normal snowpack on December 1st, 2016.
[custom_headline type=”left” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″ accent=”true”]January[/custom_headline]
- Average Temperature: 1°F
- As of January 10th, Boulder snowpack is less than normal. This time last year, Boulder Mountain had average snowpack
- Tizer Basin has above average snowpack at this time.
Each winter in the USA, at least 1 septillion- 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (That’s 24 zeros!) ice crystals fall from the sky!
For more recent information on Montana Snowpack visit NWCC Report Generator
Look for monthly Water Supply Forecast updates throughout Broadwater County, on our website, www.broadwatercd.org, or in the “Broadwater Reporter”! If you are interested in receiving any more information on snowpack, stream flow, and drought resiliency contact Katie Mumford, Big Sky Watershed Corps Member, at the Broadwater Conservation District in Townsend.
Katie.Mumford@mt.usda.gov or 406-266-3146 x102
All of the information above can be accessed at www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snow.